People often ask me if acupuncture will help them. My answer is always yes! below is some very basic and general information about acupuncture and SOME conditions it has been used to treat with success. There are many more! It is an amazing medical discipline. Please contact us with any questions!
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a healing art that is based on thousands of years of use and clinical results. Chinese Medicine uses the 12 Meridians and 8 Extraordinary vessels of the body (pic below) with needle insertion in order to facilitate changes in the body. These changes in Chinese Medicine are said to occur by affecting the flow of Qi (energy) and Blood. Theories today tell us that the needles can cause a concert of biochemicals to cause changes in the body.
Above - meridians and vessels
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treats the body based on fundamental concepts that the spiritual, physical, and emotional bodies are connected in their function. TCM focuses on the entire patient presentation look at the imbalances in the organs, systems, and functions of the body and possible causes. TCM treats both root and branch of the symptom presentation. The root is the cause of the patient’s symptoms and illness. The branch is the symptom presentation. There is identification of a pattern of the presentation of the patient as seen acutely and the etiology and constitution of how the pattern got started. This allows the practitioner to help the body achieve the desired result: WELLNESS.
Wildflower Wellness offers a holistic approach to help the patient achieve wellness using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). TCM includes acupuncture, acupuncture adjunctive therapies (auricular, nose, face, hand, foot, and scalp, needles, cupping, thermal methods, magnets, gua-sha scraping techniques) herbal medicine, dietary modification, electrical stimulation, message and manual techniques, therapeutic exercises, thermal methods. These are included with the price of the visit and are used in order to further the results of the treatment and make sure we address fully your health.
The World Health Organization has approved 31 conditions for relief that have been shown to help in controlled trials. it also has states that many other disease and symptoms conditions that can be helped but there are little or no controlled trials. Below is a list of conditions that may be able to be helped.
Acupuncture works on the body's own internal healing mechanism and depending on your practitioners medical knowledge, experience other therapies chosen to address your condition, anything is possible.
· Psychological: depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, somatization disorder, hypersomnia, insomnia
· Conditions of the Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat: Acute conjunctivitis, central retinitis, myopia (in children), cataract (without complications), toothaches (post extraction pain), dental pain, gingivitis, acute and chronic pharyngitis
· Neurological conditions: headaches and migraines, trigeminal neuralgia, facial Palsy (early stage, within 3-6 months), Paresis following stroke, peripheral neuropathies, Meniere’s disease, dizziness, nocturnal enuresis, cervicobrachial syndrome, neurogenic bladder dysfunction, intercostal neuralgia, disc problems, epilepsy, Parkinson’s
· Gastrointestinal conditions: Spasms of the esophagus, acute epigastrlgia, gastroparesis, irritable bowel, acute and chronic colitis, gastric hyperacidity (i.e. reflux), acute and chronic gastritis, chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief), acute duodenal ulcer (without complication), constipation, diarrhea, acute bacillary dysentery, paralytic ileus, biliary colic, nausea, vomiting, morning sickness
· Musculoskeletal conditions: pain, swelling, stiffness, weakness, traumatic injury, sprain, strain, tendinitis, contractures, arthritis, fibromyalgia, work and sports related injuries, low back pain, neck pain, knee pain, osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ), carpel tunnel, pain management, sciatica
· Gynecological conditions: Infertility, PMS, dysmenorrhea, benign irregular menstruation, benign amenorrhea, menopause syndrome, pregnancy, childbirth, correction of malposition (breech presentation), lactation difficulties, postpartum, female sexual dysfunction, ovarian and uterine problems
· Men’s Health: Infertility, impotence
· Cardiovascular conditions: Essential hypertension
· Respiratory system conditions: sinusitis, rhinitis, common cold, allergies, acute tonsillitis, acute bronchitis, asthma
· Preventative Health: Stress management, wellness, seasonal attunement, anti-aging
· Other conditions: medication withdrawal, addiction, adjunctive care with chemotherapy and radiation, appetite suppression, rheumatoid arthritis, primary hypotension, leukopenia, post operative pain and recovery, renal colic, obesity, skin conditions, autoimmune conditions, shingles, chronic fatigue, cold and flu